my brain is sidelined by a mistake in my personal life. thanks to a defensive move, i reacted out of fear and now i’m dealing with the cold, silent aftermath.
since i don’t eat ice cream, drawing a giant mind map was the only way to deal.
as usual, the process yielded great ideas. and timing this investigation of fear with Halloween would’ve been cool. but if there’s one thing i know, it’s that we’ll still be afraid of stuff on Monday.
so i’ll run either a two- or three-part series about fear next week.
below are photos of my mind map and some topics i’ll cover:
- fear vs. “what scares us”
- what we think we’re getting when we avoid fear and what we wind up with
- fear and ego (and waffles)
- the meaning of “if you feel good, you’re doing it wrong”
- the biggest challenges surrounding fear—the spiral and the surprise
- and, how to overcome them