this is a special post to introduce a month of spring-cleaning.
instead of massive, ad-hoc purges of stuff, i’m trying to do deep clean and minimizing sessions every three months. technically, this should’ve happened in March, but April is springy-er, so here we are.
here’s what i’m up to this month, if you want to join me:
cleaning goals & my starting points with each:
- vacuum my car. never done it, not even sure where to go.
- sell books on Amazon. people still do this, right? there isn’t some new, jungle-named site i should use instead?
- sell clothes to Crossroads. not the school. not the restaurant. the clothing store. it's only been on my mind for a year.
toss at least one item per day:
- it has to be something you weren’t already planning to throw out. so, trashing the already-empty tissue box does not count. however, finally getting rid of the tissues lining the bottom of every bag you own (not that i can relate) does.
- yes, this goal absurdly reachable. that's because it's addictive and i bet you’ll end up throwing out more than one thing. once you start, you'll see your possessions differently. plus, 30 fewer things at the end of the month is awesome.
on Monday i’ll discuss a major de-cluttering roadblock-- the triumvirate of oppression made up of "i’m keeping it just in case..." "you never know…" and "but what if i need it?"
to get in the mood, check out this post i wrote in the fall about minimizing.
what do you want to get rid of? will you join me in the challenge? let me know in the comments!
if you found this helpful, please:
share it on twitter or facebook using the "share" button below
or, subscribe by clicking the magenta banners at the top or bottom of the page to receive new posts via email.