Pop quiz! Do I post reading suggestions when I'm a.) perhaps getting a cold and my homeopathic medicine is working overtime, b.) unable to concentrate, c.) nervous about spending an uninterrupted weekend with my parents, or d.) all of the above?
More honestly, though, my ideas fell through and I don't have the mental bandwidth now to polish good stuff I'll share once I'm back in LA.
Luckily, these are all on my Kindle:
- Disgust Made Us Human, from Aeon. My favorite part of the sub-head, "Our ancestors reacted to parasites with overwhelming revulsion..." the more things change...
- How "Silicon Valley" Nails Silicon Valley from The New Yorker.
- How Writing an Advice Column Changed Heather Havrilesky’s Life from The Atlantic.
- Champagne in the Cellar "How I used the internet to find the man who saved my parents’ lives in a Budapest basement during World War II" from The Atlantic.
- Pipino Gentleman Thief "Magicians, Mafiosos, a Missing Painting, and the Heist of a Lifetime" from Epic Magazine.